A breakfast staple, featuring our favorite country ham, to enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup butter
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs, poached
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 4 English Muffins, split, toasted & buttered
- 8 pieces of Clifty Farm Country Ham biscuit slices
- Chives or dill, chopped
- Sear ham in a heavy skillet on medium heat with a couple of tablespoons of water or cola. About a minute on each side until slightly crispy on edges. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
PREPARE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- Add 3 large egg yolks to a blender. Blend until smooth
- Melt butter until just barely melted. Do not boil!
With blender running, slowly add melted butter. Blend for a few more seconds until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Remove from blender and season to taste. First lemon juice, followed by cayenne, and last add salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and add the vinegar.
- Crack 1 egg at a time into a small glass container or saucer
- Lower the dish just to the surface of the water and slowly slide the egg into the water.
- Poach the eggs in the water for 5-6 minutes for a runny yolk, Do not stir.
- With a slotted spoon remove the eggs one at a time and drain on a paper towel.
- Place 2 toasted, buttered English muffin halves on each plate followed by ham slices.
- Top with poached egg and hollandaise sauce.
- Garnish with chives or dill. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
*recommended product code(s):